Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Pursuit of Happiness

I'm sitting on the lanai in a nice comfy chair, listening to the breeze rattle the palm tree branches. The sun is shining, and the sky is blue. Various sounds float on the breeze: bird songs, children laughing, and lawn mowers chugging away. Its an idyllic day. I have no worries, no problems, nothing that God isn't big enough to handle. I am - to put it frankly - happy. I have learned to let go of the things I thought would bring me happiness, and now I find happiness exists in many moments like these. Last night, happiness was learning how to dance the tango and the salsa. Today, it is the warm, peaceful spring day on the lanai.

God has pulled me through so many storms. There have been lots of those since I accepted Jesus as my Savior over 11 years ago. "If I had known then what I know now..." Have you ever said that to yourself? Would you really have done anything differently if you had known what was going to happen? Would you have changed your behaviors, or would you simply have let go sooner of the things holding you down or holding you back? We could drive ourselves crazy asking these questions. The ultimate response to this line of thinking is that God works for the good outcome for all His children. In His time, in His manner, not ours. It is my testimony that I'm much happier having come through those storms with Christ than without Him, and that He has, indeed worked these things for my good.

I am a Princess. A daughter of the Most High Living God. Without those storms, I would not know my worth in Christ. Without those problems, I would not have learned to lean on Christ. Without those issues, I would not appreciate the peaceful, idyllic day I am experiencing right now. I would not have learned to pursue God with the absolute single mindedness that He requires. "Seek ye FIRST the Kingdom of God, and all these OTHER things will be added unto you." My Father comes first, always. Whenever that happens, the happy moments come thick and fast. He is in control; therefore, whatever state I am in, I am content. I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment