The Crossing Church is partnering with Swi Ta Lunda to reach those children who are vulnerable due to poverty and HIV/AIDS. SwiTa Lunda means things will get better. This year, we are partnering with local churches and missionaries to:
- bring teaching through bible stories and crafts
- provide for community needs such as clothing and school supplies
- home visitations to minister to AIDS patients
- provide AIDS awareness and prevention education
- provide training to caregivers of orphaned children
- Prayer support. Cover me and the team in prayer as we prepare mentally, physically and emotionally. Keep us in prayer as we travel, and pray for open hearts and open minds to receive God's word.
- Supplies. We are collecting clothing and school supplies to bless the children, and hygiene products for the adults.
- Financial Support. Any support you can give to offset the cost of travel, transportation, meals, etc is welcome.
This little girl walks for miles from her home to the orphanage every day with her baby brother strapped to her back to get food. Her mother is too sick to care for the baby.