Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year

Happy New Year!!

Where I've been:
January of 2009 started out with me separated from my husband, hurting in ways that only God could understand, but focused on Him.
April found me singing my first solo ever. I survived.
The divorce was finalized in May, and started the summer of the name change.
June took me to Oklahoma on a missions trip: building a new sanctuary for First Indian Baptist Church. Oklahoma was awesome, and I didn't want to come home.
July found me in Daytona with the FBL Youth Group. Worship with Chris Tomlin morning and night for four straight days. God made clear His calling that I was to make myself available to go to Africa.
August brought an abrupt change of direction. From planning a move to Lutz, and becoming a leader in the youth group, to moving to Riverview and being called to an entirely different church.
September brought me to the new church, my awesome Lifegroup, and Divorce Care. I discovered God doesn't make JUNK!
October found me wrestling down bitterness and unforgiveness, so I could walk with God as He intended.
November brought peace and the open door to Africa.
December brought assurance that I am exactly where I am supposed to be, doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing. I am at peace, and God is romancing me -- drawing me ever closer to Him.

Where I'm going:
2010 is going to be an awesome year. It's going to be a BUSY year. It's going to be a BLESSED year. No matter what curveballs are thrown at me, like Paul, I will say, "Whatever state I am in, I am content."

The PLAN (subject to change, of course, lol):
3 courses in the Spring semester
3 courses over the Summer semester
Travel to South Africa in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment