Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wacky Wednesday -- Placeholder

Its been a couple of weeks since I've written. It's been a busy time, and I apologize to my avid followers who are addicted to my posts. Stop pressuring me, people!! Sorry. Here's a brief recap of stuff that has happened in the last two weeks, and a promise of a post (or two) to come...

  1. My Bible as Literature class is over. I passed with a B. I'm happy. I hated that class. After I graduate the B won't matter, and I'm still eligible for reimbursement. Yay me!
  2. During the last two days in April I realized with a jolt that I had procrastinated getting the remaining stuff out of my storage unit and I needed to do so asap to avoid paying any rent in May. This led to a conversation with my roommate in which she told me that her situation had changed and we needed to part ways. We are both sad/happy about it. I need to move by the end of June.
  3. The day of my Lit final, I stopped to look at an apartment on my way home. I wasn't expecting much. The rent is really really cheap with a lot of stuff included that isn't normally included. I wound up on the wrong block instead, and found the perfect apartment there. It was a total God thing. I went home convinced. I'm moving back to South Tampa. The place where I belong. :)
  4. My application for the new apartment cleared in record time. I just need to drop off a deposit and sign the lease on Friday. I'm moving June 19th.
  5. Friday night my "posse" and I traveled around Tampa watching a couple of different bands in a couple of different locations play a couple of different styles of music. We had an impromptu sleepover at Barb's. She's so awesome. She just went with the flow.
  6. Saturday AM was the 2nd South African Missions Garage sale. I have no idea how we did, but we sold lots of stuff. What was left got loaded into trucks and taken to Goodwill.
  7. Saturday afternoon I took the posse to see my new apartment. They were giving me grief about making such a rapid decision. As soon as they saw it, they knew I was right. God led me to that place. No question.
  8. Saturday night was church followed by a birthday celebration unlike any I have ever experienced. Once I get the rest of the pics, I will write a separate blog on that and post pics. Let's just say it's official: I'm PRINCESS G, tyvm. Pay homage y'all. You're in the presence of greatness. YOUR WELCOME! ;)
  9. Sunday was supposed to be a total surprise. Due to SOME people (who will remain unmentioned until NEXT post) I knew ahead of time that the posse was taking me canoeing. Let's just say that I couldn't lift my arms for two days. So blame them for the late post. Works for me. (hehe)
  10. Monday and Tuesdays became recovery and prayer days as I had a couple of friends who desperately needed prayer. Both had parents in critical condition in the hospital. I believe Crystal's mom is much better, but David's dad is still recovering from surgery.
  11. Monday I'm back in class again for the summer. Time sure does fly.
  12. I feel ubercool right now 'cause I'm in Starbucks writing this post while tethered to my blackberry, using it as a modem. You had no idea I was so talented did you? You should have more faith, people. Just sayin...
next blog: the big birthday bash.
Coming soon: Why I gave up alcohol.

((((HUGS))))
"Princess" G

disclaimer: parts of this post are extremely tongue in cheek. I'll let you figure out which ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment