Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Cup Overfloweth

Last week I received a round trip ticket to fly to Philly and see my family. I went up this weekend, and got to spend some awesome time with my youngest niece, as well as other members of my family.

I have a fairly large family, and I try to get back whenever I can because we are all very bad at communicating, so sometimes the trips back are the only times I get to talk to my older siblings. It seems like every time we see each other we vow to keep in closer contact, only to not do it. This trip had so little advanced notice, and was so short, I decided to simply play the whole weekend by ear. As a result, I got to see 1 brother, 1 sister and 2 cousins.

1 brother: Cliff. He has a wife and baby. The baby will be 1 in two weeks. She is so adorable, and so much fun to be around. I fell in love with her over Christmas holidays, and she just continues to steal my heart every time I'm around her.

1 sister: Judy. She's the oldest girl, and went out of her way to make sure she stopped by to see me. I was thrilled to hang with her and her husband for a little bit. We hardly ever talk, but I think we should more often! :0)

Cousin 1: Michelle. I miss her. She's one of my closest friends, and has been since high school. At the moment, we are both single, so we spent some good 'girly' time talking about guys. :)

Cousin 2: Virginia. God knew she needed me this weekend. I love her dearly, and am closer to her than my sisters. She desperately needed encouragement, and God worked it out that we were able to spend time together -- away from our families -- and just chill out. I hope that I was the vessel God needed me to be today. I am sad that I don't live up there and can't help her in more practical ways but I am - no doubt about it - called to stay in Tampa.

Wednesday night a friend lent me a book called The Names of God to read on the plane. It was supposed to be The Screwtape Letters, but he needed that one, so he impulsively gave me The Names of God instead. I have heard quite a bit of the information in this book before, but it was good to have a refresher. I'm positive it was a God thing, because of the encouragement that book has given me. I am so peaceful right now, so secure in what God will do for me. I want to hold onto this feeling forever. My cup overfloweth.

Next up: Tomorrow night I am playing "photographer" for a wing eating competition. Wednesday night starts a new session for the choir. I think I'll keep my mouth shut this time around. Avoid that solo...

May the love of our Lord, Jesus Christ, consume your heart and make you whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment